You can now get your Nissan 370Z rack relocated for more precise and rigid steering. Already have Wisefab 370Z angle kit? Get your Rack Relocation kit!
Rod ends and spherical bearings are used, no rubber bushings. Adjustable Ackermann with washers. Lower control arms are one piece design and the shock motion ratio can be adjusted with out affecting the ride height.
Here is our recommended alignment parameters:
Toe in/out: If Ackermann is 0 or negative then toe is 2mm out. If Ackermann is positive then toe is 0
Camber: -3.7 +/-0.3
Caster: 6.3 +/-0.3
- 65 degrees of lock, parallel steering.
You can tune your steering geometry either towards positive or negative Ackermann in just a few minutes even at trackside without messing up an alignment.
Ackermann adjustment kit included.
- This kit includes rack relocation hardware that is easy to use.
By modifying the front subframe steering rack will be moved forward to improve Ackermann curve and eliminate the need for rack offset spacers which means more rigid and precise handling.
- Adjustable lock stopper.
- One piece lower control arm design.
2 lower links would have some benefits for circuit racing, but for drifting with higher steering angle the stiffness and packaging would become an issue. Therefore lower one piece arm is used.
- Higher roll center (RC).
On Wisefab knuckle, both joints are dropped, which brings the front RC up on lowered car, providing higher roll stiffness and letting to remove the front anti roll bar (sway bar) that is quite difficult to package with that high lock angles.
- Very good camber control and minimal bump steer with high steering angles.
On drift cars the dynamic camber and bump steer is much more important than static. With our kinematics we have assured that the camber would provide very good front grip and bump steer is minimal at all the range of steering.
- Steering jacking control.
During drifting, when steering angle is much bigger, jacking is also bigger, even with the same geometry and it could become a problem. We have changed the geometry that it doesn't cause any handling issues.
- Consistent and predictable self-alignment torque.
Caster is not the only important parameter to provide sufficient self-alignment torque especially at high lock. It's the combination of different parameters to maintain consistent trail and self-alignment torque. With our setup the steering wheel turns always to the direction of movement and doesn't get stuck at full lock.
- Adjustable spring and shock absorber motion ratio.
The shock lower bracket has 3 attachment possibilities, which allows to change suspension stiffness and handling very quickly.
- Pre-set upper and lower control arms.
- Knuckles with hardware.
- Assembled tie rods.
- Installation guide
Other components, packaging and clearance.
- This kit assumes car to have coilovers to have enough clearance.
- Ride height is designed to be ~80mm from front subframe to ground.
- Dependent on rim width and ET, wider fenders or fender flares would be needed. Inner wheel wells do not need to be modified with tire diameter up to 635mm (215/45R17, 225/45R17, 235/40R17, 225/40R18 etc).
- Minimum rim diameter is 17".
- Recommended backspacing is ~135mm (7" ET45; 8" ET35; 9" ET20). If ET is smaller, then wheels stay more outwards, if ET is bigger, then spacers need to be used.
The kit is designed and manufactured the way that after installation and toe adjustment it's ready to use right away.