Toyota GT86 / Subaru BRZ / Scion FR-S is a well designed car for enthusiast driver. The car performs well on streets and can be taken to a race track. If the focus is more towards performance, then the car can act even better with lowered ride height, but then the factory designed kinematics wouldn’t work as it supposed to.
- Revised kinematics
Wisefab Toyota GT86 front suspension kit will bring the roll center and camber gain back to normal range, providing better roll stiffness, better handling and grip. It has about 45mm A-arm joint drop compare to original knuckle
- 7 kg of weight reduction
over original components and still maintaining required strength and stiffness
- 7075-T6 aluminium
billet CNC knuckles and arms with optimized design and all double shear connections provide low weight and high strength
- CrMo rod ends and sphericals used instead of rubber bushings.
- Quicker steering ratio
Steering ratio is slightly quicker compare to original
- More caster
Suspension kit comes with camber plate that has separate camber/caster adjustment. Initially the caster is set to 6 degrees.
- Trackwidth adjustment
A-arm rod ends are placed parallel to allow track adjustments. Needed trackwidth could depend on: fender (if original or widened fenders are used), rim width / offset, race series rules. Therefore the track can be adjusted by 24mm. Small cut to chassis is needed to accommodate Wisefab arm.
- This kit is designed to fit standard GT86 front wheel bearing and 5x100 hub
However it's possible to upgrade to Subaru STI (GR) bearings and 5x114.3 hubs
- Pre-set lower control arms
- Knuckles with hardware
- Assembled tie rods
- Coilover upper mounts
- Lock limiter washers
- Installation guide
Other components, packaging and clearance:
- This kit assumes car to have coilovers to have enough clearance
- Minimum rim size is 17“
- Recommended backspacing is 135-140mm (7“ ET40; 8“ ET30; 9“ ET20). If ET is smaller, then wheels stay more outwards, if ET is bigger, then spacers need to be used
- Original wheel speed sensor can be used